The first part of the controversial yet-to-be aired interview with BBC Hausa interview granted by Mrs Aisha Buhari, wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, has been released. Despite pressure from the presidency, the BBC went ahead to air more parts of the interview with Aisha Buhari.
It was reported earlier that the president had started mounting pressure on the BBC Hausa Service not to air the full interview of Aisha Buhari. In the interview, here are 6 things she said:
1. After receiving complaints upon complaints, I decided to tell him.
2. But, all the same, a lot of people are coming on their own and also collectively to tell him that things are not going the way it should. That is when it comes to putting people in certain positions
3. Most of these people that are occupying some agencies, number one nobody knows them, two, they don’t know our party manifesto, they don’t know what we campaigned for. They were not part of us completely.
4. They don’t have a mission or vision of our APC.
5. I have my own right to say how I feel about something. If it continues like this, I will not be part of any movement again.
6. I need to work with the people that we have started the journey collectively as a teamwork so that we can achieve what we want to achieve so that he would leave a legacy.
7. She said the interest of the 15 million electorates who voted her husband is more important than that of her husband.
8. Mrs Buhari also said it’s going to two years without any tangible indices of bettering the lives of Nigerians.
9. Aisha Buhari said she does advise her husband when asked if she advises her husband. She added saying she knows Buhari has many advisers.mShe still plays her role. When asked if she has told your husband all these? she said he knows.
MUST READ! 9 Most DARING Quotes From Aisha Buhari's Controversial BBC Interview
Reviewed by Queen- Doosh